Real name Thomas Cruise Mapother IV, and soon became one of the biggest international stars of all time, with thick film at the highest level below international contracts overpaid and often collaborated with names "heavy" show-biz in Hollywood. Yet the beginnings were not easy at all: Cruise to fourteen years in the seminary studying to take their vows, and he suffered from dyslexia, was one of four children of a family that moved too often erratic, to accustom the children to their new habitat.All ' age before mentioned had already changed fifteen volte.Poi home, it is said that one reason was the fact of having to fight dyslexia, became interested in acting, he left the projects clerical and high school to play: he had a small part in "ENDLESS LOVE" of FRANCO ZEFFIRELLI then was "TAPS" and "THE BOYS OF THE ROAD 56" , followed a couple of unimportant little film in which he, however, the first parts leading up to the strong performance of the play "Risky Business" beside Rebecca DeMornay. Among the young generation of "brat pack" was among the most monitored closely by production houses because his appeal was not passed on girls inosservata.In a handful of years exploded, literally : "TOP GUN", "The Color of Money," "Cocktail," "Rain Man," "Born on the Fourth July. On the set of the sequel "The Hustler" the young star had many conversations with political commitment PAUL NEWMAN was able to change their minds Reagan administration, as his previous film, which was the pilot Pete "Maverick" Mitchell, was one of the pillars of the American right of that film. It was probably the effect of this awareness of the bellicosity of "Top Gun" Cruise that led to want to risk much of his image star of all smile in "Born on the Fourth of July" by Stone: bet victory, why then is the first actor to have starred in five consecutive films that have exceeded $ 100 million of cash ("CODE OF HONOR", "THE PARTNER", "Interview with the Vampire," "Mission: Impossible" "JERRY MAGUIRE "). In a special list of actors that are present in films over that figure is only beaten, with eight, WILL SMITH , and "firm", seven as TOM HANKS. sentimental star has always put the environment with women: married with MIMI RODGERS 1987 to 1990, he met on the set of "Days of Thunder" Australian NICOLE KIDMAN , who married almost immediately after the other divorced, and worked at his side three times, then end the marriage in an affair with 2001.Dopo PENELOPE CRUZ , met in acting "VANILLA SKY" , he met and later married Cruise KATIE HOLMES in 2006: historical and much derided, his "show" to the transmission of Oprah Winfrey, in which he declared his relationship with Holmes by jumping on couches and rejoicing in exaggerated fashion, style fall of odd for a man with a great sense of his own image and very able to present similar roles interpretati.Anche its strong adherence to the cult Scientology has been hotly contested and much talk, even if the star has always defended his choice is a sword, making it the most, and more convinced of the testimonial belief derived from the novels of Hubbard.Tra roles unwelcome, stands out of the Neo "MATRIX" the Tom Ripley of The Talented MR.RIPLEY " , Robert Dean " public enemy ". Vegetarian, use your right to write but the rest is left-handed, which still today is one of the few stars to have worked with a host of directors of absolute talent and fame, Kubrick, Pollack, Spielberg, Scorsese, Scott (I and II), Levinson, Stone, Howard, Jordan, Anderson, De Palma, Woo, Mann and often, especially in the early years of his success, was a big Hollywood stars alongside which he held his head, as Hackman, Duvall, Newman, Nicholson, Hoffman, Voight.Durante processing "OPERATION VALKYRIE" was challenged on the matter- Scientology, but was very willing to explain his reasons and it ended early, among other things, Cruise, you do not know if astuteness in knowing how to sell himself or natural attitude, is a star with the nicest fans and less unfriendly. Here are some of his statements:
"We knew from the start that working in " EYES WIDE SHUT " required a high level of impegno.E 'was an honor to be directed by STANLEY KUBRICK, and we were aware, me and Nicole, it would be a nice thing but really kicked difficile.Ma I would if I had not accepted this occasione.E 'was a special moment in my career. "
" Every time I start to turn, I feel like I really did not know what I'm doing. "
" When I announced that I made "Born on the Fourth of July", many people around me told me that I was getting ready to ruin his career, and I done better to play a sequel to "Top Gun", but I wanted to change my path, to challenge myself. "
" I'm not a person that basically takes seriously a suggestion: I think that if something is good for me I take it and go, do not ask the altri.Nella my career and my life I have always made decisions alone. "
" Having grown up in too many different places, I'm used to talk about me.Tipo, your shoes are wrong, you dress poorly, you have the wrong accent ... "
" I had a life interessante.Ci are different ways to address the difficoltà .Mi are always prepared to take responsibility as a father, as a producer, actor, and I like it. I have always changed, to evolve and crescere.Non you can sit on something too sure on which to rest and be still. "
" I had never played a role as that of "Vincent" in "Collateral." I was interested to interpret because it is an antisocial personality, which brings destruction and chaos everywhere vada.E 'a force of nature! "
" I saw THE SEVEN SAMURAI " to 18 years: after a few seconds, I realized it was not just a cultural thing, but after universale.Tempo, I read Bushido.Parlava of topics that I felt in my life: loyalty, compassion, responsibility, the idea of \u200b\u200blooking over his shoulder and take responsibility for what you fatto.Sono fascinated by the samurai and their code of honor , is one of many reasons why I wanted to make absolutely "THE LAST SAMURAI ."
0 comments:
Post a Comment